These aren’t my favourite songs ever, just what turns up in iTunes listed as the current top ten top starred. But I have good reasons for starring them.
- Cool [feat. Roy English], Alesso – As much as I love this song I love the video even more. I love the Silent Bob character and the Hot for Teacher geek and the underwear fantasy teacher. It’s a movie in five minutes,
- Only Happy When It Rains, Garbage – A classic, but I’m surprised this rates higher in my list than Ready to Go by Republica which was even more of a classic favourite.
- Give Me Novacaine, Green Day – my partner got me into Green Day and they grew on me over time, what can I say?
- Ready for the Floor, Hot Chip – I will always love dance and this is such an anthem
- Hey Na Na, Katie Herzig – encountered via a fanvid and fell instantly in love with this song
- In For The Kill, La Roux – I think I heard this in the soundtrack to a TV show, which doesn’t really do it justice
- Trouble Is a Friend, Lenka – who knows where I got this from but I do love a singer songwriter, I had a lot of Sarah McLachlan on tape.
- Tickets, Maroon 5 – I love all their songs really but this is my current favourite
- Starships, Nicki Minaj - there should be more hip hop and rap in this top ten but Nicki represents here for a large part of my usual listening list
- Hit That, The Offspring
Base links as usual are to Amazon and I get a tiny royalty for recommendations followed through these links.